Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 1040 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening,

my EliteBook 1040 G4, indicates in Disk Management that both drives are Bitlocker encrypted, see screenshot. In the Bitlocker administration, the screenshot shows, that Bitlocker is not activated. I have also never activated Bitlocker and it´s not needed to enter a key.

I already tried to deactivate the TMP Module, Disk Magagement still shows both drives are encrypted.

What went wrong here and how do I remove the wrong Bitlocker Note in the disk management?

System is Windows 10 Pro 1803

I would appreciate help.

Cheers

Ralf

bitlocker1.JPGbitlocker.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It looks like you might have a system supporting eDrive hardware encryption that has the drive in what can be thought of as 'encryption pending' status. The C: and 😧 drives are reported as "Bitlocker wartet auf Aktivierung" - "Bitlocker is waiting to be activated".

If I am correct, you are perfectly safe to leave the system as is. The only way to get the system out of this state is to deactivate the encryption on the SSD - but doing that will secure erase the drive. If you want to complete the process and activate Bitlocker, this will almost certainly be a simple process of setting a key and recovery options though a full backup is always recommended before changing Bitlocker status.

You can get more information using manage-bde -status at an Admin privileged Command Prompt or PowerShell - more details on that in this Microsoft documentation.

Entschuldigung, mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut. I hope this reply in English makes sense.

HP Recommended

thanks for fast reply.

Yes, I also think I´m safe. After some update problems to Windows 10 1803, the system runs fine now.

My only problem is the recovery with Acronis, because it says the drive is crypted with Bitlocker and I´m not sure, the recovery will work without problems.

Cheers

Ralf

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.