Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Ultra Slim Docking Station 2013
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I need help... I am trying to connect my new monitor with the dock (HP Ultra Slim Docking Station 2013) and I can get no picture. The monitor is working if I connect him directly with the notebook (elite book 850 g3) always by displayport. I already tried to update firmware and drivers. The monitor is a Samsung ultra wide monitor S34J550WQU. Even if I connect the new monitor only with the dock it´s not working (I thread was referring to the bandwith).

I am using the dock with 2 Benq monitors (1920x1080) since years without problems. i would like to upgrade one monitor.

I was not able to find a solution with Google, tried everything  and I don´t have an idea what to do...

Thx for your help in advance

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

try to check if your new samsung monitor could be set to "Display Port 1.1" .  I used in the past 840 G3 with 4K monitor connected to Ultraslim docking and If I well remember I had to set the 4K display to Display 1.1 mode.

bye

HP Recommended

Thx for your support. I exchanged my monitor cable and it was working. The problem occurs as soon as I am using the HDMI->Display Port cable. I am using now DP->DP and it works fine.

Thx for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.