Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBOOK Studio G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently purchase this laptop. It appears to me that the only option to adjust the battery charging state is by the PowerShift in the HP Power Manager software. The software is already included in the system but I would like to obtain the setup executable just in case. I searched around hp web site as well as Google site search but I just cannot find this software. Is there anywhere I can download this software? Thank you for your attention.

Best,

Eric

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Good luck with this one. I contacted HP support when I uninstalled the HP Power Management software because PowerShift was not allowing my battery to charge at all during the set hours and the settings stayed applied after the uninstall. I tried to get a download link to reinstall the software to see if I could disable the settings but the HP support person denied that the software ever existed and said HP had no such software and to reinstall my OS. Absolute garbage support.

HP Recommended

Hello...

I have the same issue. I have HP EliteBook 2760p. It is showing some battery error at the start of the Laptop Startup. Actually I am doing work on my web platform which is[edit]

Now anyone can tell me the solution for this issue.Thanks

Adeel
HP Recommended

I think you can nullified the PowerShift settings in BIOS.

HP Recommended

Yes, I found a BIOS setting but the only one that would let my laptop charge was to disable all the "smart" power settings. With that disabled my laptop will charge again. It's too bad the, stop charging at x% doesn't work.

HP Recommended

Yep as far as I know that's the only way. I am also very surprised how rudimentary it was implemented. The software was added as if it was an afterthought. With their competitors have such settings 10+ years already, I find HP systems very poor in value.

HP Recommended

Here you go : https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98501-99000/sp98694.exe

Only for ProBook, Zbook , must have power control option available in the bios.

HP Power Manger - CMIT

version 2.0.37.0

If you feel I'm smart than HP's support assistants. then please select this answer as "solved the problem"

HP Recommended
ауні
HP Recommended

Your issue is unrelated to the main topic.

Battery message at boot usually means the battery needs replacing. 2760p is an old system so the battery is probably way past its life

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.