Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elite x2 1012 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Elite x2 has a fingerprint scanner on the back, however, this isn't detected in Windows 10 at all. It doesn't show in device manager and isn't detected by Windows Hello. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Harryfish

Here you have some information about this kind issue

TPM 2.0 Embedded Security Chip (Common Criteria EAL4+ Certified)
HP Fingerprint Reader (selected models)
Integrated VGA IR camera with IR LED emitters that meets Microsoft Hello face recognition certification for secure authentication (select models)

as you see the fingerprint scanner on the back of your computer, I leave you here the driver for fingerprint ( click here sp98538.exe ) I hope this solve issue

if issue was solved, let me know it

I work on behalf of HP, regards.
Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

HP Recommended

@harryfish 

Not sure.

In general, things all work better if both Windows Updates are current and installed and the HP software and drivers are also updated and installed.,

After you check / update OTHER than the fingerprint driver, Restart the computer and log in.

Find here the updated driver for your fingerprint reader:

Synaptics VFS7552 WBF Touch Fingerprint Driver

Download and save the driver to your computer.

Open File Explorer, navigate to the folder in which you downloaded the file (likely Downloads)

Find and Double-Tap on the file to install

OR

Right-Click on the file and select "Run as Administrator"

After the software installs, Restart the computer and log in

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP Elite x2 1012 G2

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.