1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

EliteBook 2740p SYSTEM BOARD 00A issue + Intel ME problems

HP Recommended
EliteBook 2740p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

My EliteBook 2740p is having some issues while starting up. I see a prompt that the product information is not valid and blank entries under serial number / system model etc., also during the HP POST logo, there is a "Machine not in committed state!" error at the top left side. 

I also think that the Intel ME is corrupted due to the fact the MEInfo tool gives me errors of inability to communicate with ME as well as sleep / reboot is unusually long, with sleep not working correctly. 

I understand the product information can be re-added via a software (Nbdmifit). How about that  Intel ME thing? Can it be reflashed? 

I understand the machine is out of warranty and obsolete, but was hoping HP support / staff can go out of their way and help me with this if I post here. I would appreciate tremendously.

Thanks. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation