Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 860 16 inch G9 Notebook PC (4C159AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an EliteBook 860 laptop connected to a new Thunderbolt Dock 120w G4 docking station.  Randomly the laptop will stop having the wired NIC available in Windows.  The Intel Wired NIC doesnt show up at all. 

Everything else about the dock works fine ... the power passes through, external monitors work, USB devices work, etc.  I have confirmed all of my drivers and firmware on the laptop are up to date and the firmware on the dock is up to date as well.  Rebooting does not help.  Full shutdown and power on doesnt help.  Resetting the dock doesnt help.

I'm at a loss, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@BIGMattROC 

Updating firmware/software should help. Please use the following link

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-usb-c-docking-station/17032707/model/20092244

No newer firmware/software but please try them.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Your link pointed to the wrong dock ... but either way I have confirmed and tried to reinstall all drivers and firmware on my HP Thunderbolt Dock 120W G4 unit.  It happened again last Friday.  It's weird, it seems like when it happens if I wait overnight, it will magically work again without me doing anything the following morning ... doesn't make any sense at all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.