Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Camera stopped working after recent Windows update. New driver downloaded from hp.com did not help. The camera is not detected by Windows. I reset Windows and the camera worked  but with very poor quality. Reinstalled HP drivers and camera stopped working altogether. Older driver did not help either. Please advice.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ggrpitt1 

My HP 840 G5 machine does not have this problem, I ran Windows updates few days ago, nothing change for Webcam

840 cam.png

Does your machine use same driver as shown above) ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

No. The installed driver is a Realtek driver:

Capture.PNG

This was the driver installed automatically by all three HP packages downloaded sp66054, sp105587 and sp99836. That is, they all installed the same driver. and windows seems to think this is the best driver although it fails to recognize the camera.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.