cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
JakubVesely
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Elitebook 8560w charging issue

HP Recommended
Elitebook 8560w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

can somebody help me?

I have an Elitebook 8560w, that doesn't charge the battery.

Battery is new, not OEM, but good quality.

System says xx% of battery, not charging. HP diagnostic tool generated some error code if it would be interesting for someone, but it means battery issue. Battery is is okay, i tried it on another laptop.

When I try to run the notebook powered only via the battery (charged in another notebook), notebook runs, but whistling high frequency tone.
Nice issue isn't it? 😄

I think there are two solutions: some software fix of this problem..? Or motherboard replacement. But how can I find motherboard number like for example 684319-001? I can not find number like this nowhere. Or what type of motherboard I can buy? How the boards differ? Socket? Or something else?
My serial is: 4CZ1420DZG (i7, 12GB, Quadro...)

Thank you everyone in advance for the reply.

Jakub

Jakub Vesely
1 REPLY 1
JakubVesely
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nobody knows at least type of the right board? 

Jakub Vesely
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation