Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

There is a BIOS fix for this issue

•Do Not replace system boards

ProBook 635 Aero G8 – SP138556 released

EliteBook 8x5 G8 – SP138414 released

ProBook x360 435 G8 -  Pending, possibly within a few days

ProBook 445/455 G8 – Release pushed to end of Apr. 

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information. I have thirty five 455 G8's that are all displaying this error. Hope they hurry up..

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but all I can see there is 01.08.20 which does not fix the issue.

edit:

The procedure I followed was:  Unbox, enter bios, set admin password, set auto on time, change some options (no USB boot, no IpV6, power on when ac detected and num lock on at boot). I then image them with windows 10 Education 21H2.

I saw the 0x6001 error on just about all of them the following morning so updated them all to 01.08.20 directly from the bios. The next day I found at least half of them stuck on 0x6001

HP Recommended

I am getting the 0x6001 error on all of these notebooks.

Is it worth trying to downgrade to an earlier bios?

HP Recommended

Hello @SancherTX,

Can you confirm that a BIOS update that specifically acknowledges and addresses this issue will in fact be released at the end of this month?

We're about to ship back a lot of laptops.

HP Recommended

Hi, which model do you have?

The BIOS's with the fix  have been released. 

Please download the latest for your model and let me know if still see the original error.

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
HP Recommended

Hi and No problem - try the latest BIOS it is supposed to have the fix. - let me know if it does not resolve

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

The BIOS fix for the PB 445 G8 has been delayed. It is targeted for release around the first week of May - 

Sorry the confusion.

All other affected PCs have released fix in new BIOS

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

@SancherTX

Thank you for the information you have shared, could we have a revised ETA for this fix please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.