Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When trying to update TPM firmware after restart get message "TPM firmware is not updatable"

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you taken a look at this document. Is this the firmware package you are using for update?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05792935

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Yes. I can't find solution for my problem in user guide for this firmware

HP Recommended

Did you follow the document that appears on the driver download page?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-450-g3-notebook-pc/7834555

Which softpaq version did you try to install?   WAs it SP87753?

Use the TPM snap-in to see which TPM version is curently installed.

1) Windows key + R to open a run dialog.

2) type in TPM.MSC and press enter.

Is SLB9670 TPM 2.0 ver. 7.63.3353.0 already installed?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I tried to install SP87753.

TPM firmware version is 7.62.3126.0

HP Recommended

Have you already updated the BIOS to the most current version (01.33 Rev.A)?

The currently installed TPM version that you posted is not in the list of versions that as vulnerable to RSA encryption attacks.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi @erico

I do not see the TPM update you mentioned on the driver and software page for the product with installation guide:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-450-g3-notebook-pc/7834555

@hafanana

The version 7.62 is not mentioned in the security bulletin which the SP87753 is for:

• SLB 9670 (TPM 2.0), Versions: 7.40, 7.41, 7.60, 7.61
  • SLB 9670 (TPM 1.2), Versions: 6.40, 6.41, 6.42

Regards,

David

HP Recommended

BIOS version 1.33 A

SP conains TPM20_7.62.3126.0_to_TPM20_7.63.3353.0.BIN

HP Recommended

@hafanana wrote:

BIOS version 1.33 A

SP conains TPM20_7.62.3126.0_to_TPM20_7.63.3353.0.BIN

OK.

There isn't really a need to update then. Your TPM firmware is not vulnerable.  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

@iomare

Use CTRL + F and the use 450 G3 as the keywords. That is the best way to search on the document.

sp.png

HP Recommended

@erico

The document is the one I provided and naturally I looked at it before linking it. You mentioned the TPM update and installation guide on the software and driver page for the product which I can not seem to find.

Regards,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.