cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
djreprographic
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

External Monitor Refresh Rate

HP Recommended
Zbook G6 14"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Hope you're all well in this madness! 

I'm currently at my HP Zbook G6 which has a HDMI output for external monitors. I connected a recently purchased LG GL850 which is capable of running at 144hz - unfortunately, via HDMI,  the Intel/Windows display settings go only up to 60hz no matter how the screen is set (i.e. adaptive sync on/off or HDMI compatibility on/off). 

I also run an EliteBook G3 which has a Display port and this turns out to be capable of running at 144hz QHD. 

Not sure whether this is a monitor, or a laptop  connection type problem? Has any of you experience similar issues? 

Thanks 

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,204 709 76 144
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The hdmi 1.4 spec does not seem to support the high frequency you are looking for

https://www.hdmi.org/spec/hdmi1_4b

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,204 709 76 144
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The hdmi 1.4 spec does not seem to support the high frequency you are looking for

https://www.hdmi.org/spec/hdmi1_4b

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
djreprographic
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1.4!? On a Workstation? That's just bad... especially when combined with dedicated graphics this laptop has. Not impressed at all...

One way or another, many thanks for the quick response.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation