cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Jordi4
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

External monitor is only detected after sleep.

HP Recommended
Zbook 15 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I noticed a strange problem with my zbook G6. I have connected an external monitor using a HDMI cable with my laptop. However, when I attach it after starting the laptop. However if I suspend/sleep my computer and then wake it up it detects the external monitor and works as expected. Initially I thought it is particular to one OS. However I have seen this for both ubuntu 20.04 and windows 10. I am using dual boot and the graphics is set to auto in BIOS. 

I have no idea what is happening.

Any help is appreciated 🙂

1 REPLY 1
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 865 74 130
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

first troubleshooting step would be to run HP Image Assistant to update the BIOS and Windows drivers

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation