Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G7 Notebook PC (6YY19AV)

Hello, My laptop updatded bios, but after update when I turn on laptot, Fingerprint reader not working, I have to reset and I press DEL a I use  password, win will start. When I use Fingerprint reader in Win is working normally.

Can you help me please? I have Proobook 450G7 (6YY19AV)

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If I understood correctly, you are not able to use the Fingerprint sensor when you turn on your laptop to log into Windows?

You may need to enter the BIOS and make sure that the fingerprint sensor is turned on.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I think, when I turn on laptop "Power On Authentication" dosen't want take fingers .. (finger not recognized)

so I write password and WIN will start. But when I sign out the account in windows and sign in again with my finger, the Fingerprint sensorworks.

I was in bios, it's look like that fingerprint sensor is turn on.

THX

HP Recommended

I'm experiencing the same on a ZBook Power G7 after the BIOS v1.13revA update. (T75 for the BIOS type, if that helps)

BIOS startup will accept the typed in password, but every fingerprint is "unrecognized." Fingerprint sensor is on in BIOS Also, when getting a call in the middle of the night, it's a little hard to not wake up the house when the password success chip-tune plays at full volume.

HP Recommended

There is a solution from 2018 that may resolve the issue provided by @Dragon-Fur 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Fingerprint-scanner-not-working/td-p/...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that's not the issue.  The sensor is there, working properly. I did delete and re-add the device to be sure before even posting in the forum.

The issue is related to the BIOS, not Windows.

HP Recommended

So you did find the utility and delete and add fingerprints again?

I had a similar issue years ago with a 15" Spectre x360 that was a product loan but I was able to resolve it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.