Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am using this Mokin Docking Station below and the HDMI and VGA ports do not work for using an external display. The USB ports and everything else works on the docking station. Everything works on this docking station on a different laptop, what is causing the issue for using an external display on my Elitebook 850 G6?

Amazon.com: USB C Docking Station Dual Monitor, MOKiN Laptop Docking Station with 2 HDMI, VGA, 3 USB...

I have updated all the drivers using HP Support Assistant Program and checked the thunderbolt port security settings in the bios. I have also downloaded the intel thunderbolt 3 and 4 DCH Driver from Intels website. 

How can I solve this issue so I can use an external display?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@User17832 

All I can say: your machine and your dock are NOT compatible. I know HP USB-C G5 dock is compatible with your HP Elitebook 840 G6

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It says on there that it is compatible with Elitebook 840 G6, this is an 850 G6 and it has a Thunderbolt 3 port which is exactly what is needed. Every port works on the docking station except HDMI so there is something blocking the display from working. I see no reason why it shouldn't work unless it was made that way to get people to buy a $400 HP USB-C G5 docking station.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.