Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Probook 430 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, all,

Microsoft has released Windows 10 build 1709.

And I upgrade it.

Then I found Windows report "HP 3D DriveGuard" not compatiable with current operating system.

I use the latest software "HP 3D DriveGuard 6.0.41.1 Rev.A"  on the website.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Please try

(a) Uninstall HP 3D DriveGuard from Device Manager,
(b) Reboot your machine,
(c) Download and install

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81001-81500/sp81142.exe

(d) Restart your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Please try

(a) Uninstall HP 3D DriveGuard from Device Manager,
(b) Reboot your machine,
(c) Download and install

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81001-81500/sp81142.exe

(d) Restart your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

To banhien's "solution"....

I too am among many who have this same problem.  Very frustrating!!

The "solution" you provided is NOT a solution at all, but merely a workaround by installing a previous version of the DriveGuard Software. 

I have searched this forum and read several posts and all instances of many people having the issue of "HP Accelerometer - This app cannot run on this pc".  Some issues dated as far back as July 2017.  Every "solution" provided was to have user uninstall and then reinstall a previous version. While that may have worked for some, (not in my case) the problem is also that the HP Assist program will still list that as an update needed since it's a roll back version and not the current one.

A proper fix (solution) to this problem would be to roll out a NEW update that will correct users from getting the error message AND have the latest version of the software.  Too much to ask??

HP Recommended

Same Issue here:  Zbook with Windows 10 Pro - Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299.

Let's hope for a solution soon.......

HP Recommended

Same issue, this is not a solution. This is just a wrokaroud to do not get a Windows error. Installing an old version, that by the way is not compatible with many new laptops, is not a solution. We need a proper update of the HP 3d DriveGuard.

HP Recommended

Same here... the problem just showed up on my HP (Windows 10) this morning.

I did the "fix" mentioned above and it is still a problem.  I have a feeling I already HAD that version running.

On top of THAT, I started getting a virus alert (constant) until I nuked the "fix" and cleared all the temp files.

I will keep an eye on the thread.

HP Recommended

Same problem for me. I've tried all of latest versions of driveguard and all fail with error 1722.

HP Recommended

Same issue here.

sp81142.exe wont install. it leaves the Cmd window open.

sp82228.exe from this thread (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-3D-Driveguard-not-working-wi...) installs but on restarts it come up with the "HP Accelerometer - This app cannot run on this pc" warning.

Are HP gonna fix this???

It doesn't even come up as an issue in the HP Support Assistant

HP Recommended

I have the same Drive Guard problem, very dissapointing that a standard part of the system is not updated by HP to work with the latest version of Windows and has been left for several months.

HP Recommended

Go here for the latest update

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05841987

Please note:-
Apparently microsoft didnt like the icon in the sys tray hence it is no longer there.

rather annoyingly!

you can check the service is running in the task manager but unfortunately no icon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.