11-18-2019 12:51 AM
Hi, we have 830 and 840 G5 laptops that the bios update breaks the USB-C controller that the docks wont work and machines dont charge thru usb-c. In device manager the UCM-UCSI ACPI device shows a problem and yellow triangle. Fix is to roll back to older BIOS version and then reinstall the latest version.
Had this with 01.08.01, had to stop the deployment of that bios version. Tried again with 01.09.01, 1 out of 4 laptops failed the same way. So HP, whats up with these BIOS updates? These should just work!
11-24-2019 10:16 AM
take a look to this HP SUpport COmmunication:
- Click Start.
- Select Settings.
- Select Updates & Security.
- Click on Windows Updates in the left panel.
- Select Update History.
- Select Uninstall updates.
- Locate KB4512534 and select Uninstall.
- Follow the on screen instructions (a reboot may be required).
let us know if this solve.