Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am trying to find a replacement Thunderbolt cable for my docking station, I have had no luck even finding the part number for the docking station let alone a part number for the cable. Please help if you can.

Thanks

OK the cost of this cable is $63.10 seems high for a cable so now my question or problem is this, the unit will not powerup with a regular thunderbolt cable which is why I was looking for the original style cable. I know the dock is good since it works with my Z-Book G3 but the cable for that is wrong for anything else.

And Thanks for the fast and great replies

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

The dock itself is P5Q54AA:

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=9822180

And part number can be:

710412-001:  Smart AC power adapter (65 watt) - 4.5mm barrel connector, non-power factor correcting (NPFC) - Requires 3-wire AC power cord with C5 connector

or

714657-001:  Smart AC power adapter (65 watt) - 4.5mm barrel connector, non-power factor correcting (NPFC) - Requires 3-wire AC power cord with C5 connector

Now the hard bit is the cable, which part do you need from the follwing list

What's in the box Dock;

Thunderbolt/AC power cable; 65W AC Adapter and Documentation.

For the power cable, for which country ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Here is the part number information for the cable.

Spare Part # 855117-001SPS-HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 power cable C  Assembly Part # 843011-001
HP Recommended

I am contacting you to verify the price on a replacement cable for P5Q54AA docking station which retails for $255.99 which comes with a1 thunderbolt cable.
The cable itself is $234.02 so I guess my question is how can this 6 inch cable cost this much but also be just $21.97 cheaper than the thunderbolt docking station with cable.

HP Recommended

Hi,I

I received my new HP ZBook 150W TB3 Dock (P5Q58UT#ABA), but it seems I’m missing the below cable.

I received AC+USB Type-C™ to AC+USB Type-C™, which I cannot connect to my Elite X2.

I am missing AC+USB Type-C™ to USB Type-C™.

Will the missing cable be able to charge the Elite X2?

Was it supposed to be sent with the docking station?

Where can I get it?

HP Recommended

Hi, we have a new set of Elite books with the Thunderbolt Dock. A colleague has broken the cable which connects the dock to laptop. 

We cant seem to find any where which sells the cable separately , can you help?

HP Recommended

Hello 

same me problem than you with my elitebook 1030 g2.  

Did you find a solution ?

thanks

Patrice
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.