Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 1040 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ciao, 

I just bought a lovely HP Elite Book 1040 G4 (1EP84EA#ABZ). 
There isn't Ins buttun, widely used by me for pasting in a unix environment. 
Already try Fn+e but it does nothing.Also keyboard on screen is not a solution (virtual enviroment issue). 
 Has anyone found a way to map a working combination?

Many thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

did you try a key remapper tool? for example, https://lifehacker.com/the-best-key-remapper-for-windows-5883003

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Ciao Soccer_dan, 

tried to download keyTweak,i'm studing how it works and if I can get it to go, i'll post a couple of screenshoots for other users who might have run into my own problem.
thank you

Lendi 

HP Recommended

Ciao, 

I managed to map "ins" key . 

I wanted to use the phone keys since I don't have the SIM module, but I didn't find a way. I therefore decided to sacrifice the F11 - Wireless button, quite useless for what I think. 
The key code for F11 is #122, so i used the half teach mode achieving this result:
Cattura.PNG
it's quite intuitive. 

I understand that this is the HP forum and not a keyTweak support, but I hope the post is accepted as it could be useful to other users of this wonderful laptop. 
Ciao ! 

Lendi 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.