Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 830 G5 Product Code
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I have a HP Elitebook 830 G5 touch screen, i am looking for a stylus for the laptop does anyone know what is compatible and works.

many thanks

Joel

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

it's just a simple touchscreen wotking with human finger. so you could you any capacity pen that simulate the human finger , tehre are hundreds model on the market.

Bye

HP Recommended

Thanks, I should have explained better, I am looking for a proper hp styles pen with active mouse button 

HP Recommended

Hello

none of the Active pens by HP will work as they are not for simple capacity touchscreen.  The Active pens work if in addiction to the touchscreen there is a digitizer, usually it's a Wacom device.

If you go in Device Manager, check if you find a Wacom Device, I guess you will not find it , in that case buy any capacitive pen you find on the market. In Device Manager you will find "Tuuch Screen Compatible HID" , which is the touch screen.

I have a 840 G6 with touchscreen , I don't see any Wacom, I just see "Tuuch Screen Compatible HID".

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.