cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Mohsin1122
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Elitebook 840 G5 Performance Issues

HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am facing performance issues on my HP Elitebook 840 G5. i have installed 32 Gb RAM and 500GB Samsung EVO 970 Plus still my system performance is not upto the mark. delay in opening the applications and it feels like i am using 8 Gb Ram system please help me to tune the performance. Here is my system specs

System Specs:

manufacturer HP
product HP EliteBook 840 G5

Windows Version Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Enterprise Edition 64-bit (Build 18362) (BitLocker Enabled)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz

Memory Type DDR4
Memory Size 32 GBytes (16 x 2) Adata
Channels Dual

Command Rate 2T

Max bandwidth DDR4-2666 (1333 MHz)

BIOS version Q78 Ver. 01.09.01

Storage Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Capacity 465.8 GB
Type Fixed, SSD
Bus Type NVMe
Volume c:\, 199.9 GBytes (50.6 percent available)
Volume d:\, 218.7 GBytes (87.1 percent available)

2 REPLIES 2
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,204 709 76 144
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

was performance fine with the original drive that came with the laptop?

i would certainly update everything... Use HP Image Assistant and let it update everything it suggests

also, is there a specific reason you split up the SSD into 2 drives

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Mohsin1122
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ordered the system in this specs so i don't know what is the performance with original specs.

I will try HP Image Assistant.
No specific reason for splitting in two Just to save the important things to D drive so if window gets corrupt These important documents and project might not gets destroyed.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation