Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

One of my users has an HP Elitebook 840 G5 Windows 10 Pro. It is docked into a HP Ultra Slim 2013 docking station with 2 Dell Ultrasharp 24" monitors connected via Displayport.  The user will be on a call, not touch anything and the computer goes to sleep. He will try to wake up the computer with the mouse, keyboard, power button, etc. and the screens remain black and it will not come out of it's sleep. It looks like it goes into a deep sleep mode and will not come back online. The only solution is to fully power down the setup and start over.

I have checked the BIOS and the deep sleep option is disabled.

The power settings in Windows appear to be OK and not conflict with one another. Maybe I am missing something.

The one thing I did notice is that the user uses the Hibernate feature in Windows. No other user in our company uses that feature. Is there an issue with Hibernate that I am unaware of? One thing to note about Hibernate, the user does not put the computer into Hibernate mode when the above issue occurs. The computer is putting itself to sleep. Does the computer automatically put itself into hibernate instead of sleep? Can a computer come out of hibernate in that state, if so, how?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SOJR 

Please try the following ways first

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power-winpc/my-computer-wont-wake-up-fr...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I tried that with no success. What we ultimately did was turn off the sleep/hibernate setting completely which is unfortunate. This was better than one of our executives being in the middle of a meeting or working on an important document and the computer goes to sleep, then he must restart his entire computer. If anyone has other suggestions, please let me know.

HP Recommended

@SOJR 

Very strange. Please re-install Windows using the following setps

(a) Create an ISO file using the following instructions

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(b) Mount ISO file as DVD drive and run Setup from there

mount.png

Note: check to keep all users data and programs

(c) Run Windows updates and setup Sleep options as required

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.