Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

I've been using the laptop at least once a day for over a month now and everything is now fine.

I closed up the case and everything is now normal, EXCEPT, that I must click on the new SHUTDOWN.BAT file icon I made to power off the laptop. (full shutdown)

The only strange thing is I can't have hibernation enabled and I can't use the regular shutdown.  The only negative is that it takes a bit longer to power up as it doesn't have the default hibernation / fast start to boot faster.

Thanks for all your help and suggstions

HP Recommended

I was facing the same issue mentioned at the beginning. I've tried everything but the only solution at least... for me, it was disconnecting the battery of CMOS then discharging it with a little screwdriver and start up normally without CMOS battery.

It's not elegant solution at all!. I don´t believe that OS was the problem, BIOS system can not initiate, although problems started when I upgraded from WIN10 to WIN11. Never had this problem before.

Thank you and I´m looking forward to suggestions to fix definitely the issue,

Marcelo

HP Recommended

Hi Marcelo,

Instead of discharging with a little screwdriver, you can hold down the power button for a minute.  (It will probably work holding it down for 10-15 sec too).

I thought about forgetting completely about the CMOS and just resetting the time, but you get the annoying white screen about a problem.

Have you tried to disable hibernation?  You have to do a FULL shutdown (I use a batch file on the desktop) too.

That worked for me.

Finally, there was a recent HP fBIOS update (v1.18 - Q78) from this month.  I applied it and mine still works. 

I'm tempted to swap out the working NVMe drive and install a blank one and do a normal installation of Win10/11 with hibernation and regular shutdowns and see what happens.

However, as an Engineer, I follow the golden rule, "If it isn't broken, don't fix it!"

Let me know if the latest BIOS update works for you.

Recent

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.