1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envyx360 Hinge Issue

HP Recommended
HP Envyx360
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

Hello,

I have an HP Envyx360 that is a little over 2 years old. When coming into work yesterday I attempted to open my computer and heard a loud crack. After looking over the computer myself and some other co-workers that heard the crack realized that the hinge had popped out and the screen is now separating from the rest of the computer. After looking up this issue I now see that this has been a major design flaw with HP and seems to be an issue they are not willing to stand behind the issue.

I reached out to HP regarding this and spoke to a Rene Rose with the warranty sales team and after pleading my case he said they will look at it but its a minimum $416 dollars. This puts an extremely sour taste in my mouth that they are not only willing to stand behind their product but also throw a extreme price out without even having it in the hand. Rene was not helpful at all and I got the impression he was just trying to move on to his next phone call. 

I have 4 seperate articles saved regarding this issue on the HP Envy computers. This does not sit well with me and I will not support HP if they don't support their customers. The hardest thing to grasp is everything else on the computer works great and nothing was done to damage the computer in anyway and that the hinge just popped. My question is how do I get through to somebody at HP that can actually help resolve this issue? Am I better off buying a new computer and just leaving terrible reviews on Consumer affairs, PC Magazine, Best Buy, H.P community, and Amazon?

Looking for any help and support I can get! Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,593
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SackettGT03,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation