Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all

I have a problem with the HP Image Assistant and the offline mode. I have created an offline repository for drivers of the different devices using the HP Client Management Script Library. As an example for the HP Elitebook 850 G5.

I started the HP Image Assistant on the client with the following parameters:

"C:\Program Files\HP Image Assistant\5.1.2\HPImageAssistant. exe" /Operation:Analyze /Action:Install /Selection:All /Offlinemode:"\\FILE01\HPRepositoryForHPIA$\%TSProductName%\Repository" /SoftpaqDownloadFolder:C:\Temp /ReportFolder:C:\Windows\Logs\HPIA /Debug /Silent

The variable %TSProductName% comes from MEMCM and it reads the device type from WMI.

HP Image Assistant starts analyzing the existing Windows 10 20H2 installation and starts downloading the required drivers from the offline repository. The problem now is that the download of the drivers with the HP Image Assistant takes an extremely long time.

Other downloads on the same file server work with the expected speed, only the HP Image Assistant download of the drivers is very slow.

Who can help me here?

donmartino77

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Additional information:
I have made speed tests from the client on which the HPIA is running and the sources are to be downloaded:

31-07-_2021_09-19-47.png

The speeds are okay for the 1Gbit/s port of the EliteBook 850 G5. So it can't be a Hyper-V performance problem (the file server runs on Hyper-V) or a hardware switch problem.

HP Recommended

Hello

what do you mean wtih "very Low" ?

it takes minutes , hours ?

Did you try without DEBUG option ?

bye

HP Recommended

Hi TryToDoMybest

Thanks for your answer.

I mean hours. After one hour the step in the task sequence of MEMCM fails.

I mean the sources are in the same network, in the same VLAN. It is not clear to me why the omission of the DEBUG option should bring an improvement. The DEBUG option only defines how much should be in the log file.

BR

HP Recommended

Hello

you are right probably removi DEBUG will not have any effect.

Did you try to run the same command after having installed Windows 10 20H2 on one unit , with or without drivers already installed but at least the one for network connection , and see it in that case the download speed is good ?

This to understand if the speed is the same whenTask Sequence and when using Windows 10 installed.

bye

HP Recommended

Hi

I have tested the following:
Installing OS via task sequence without HPIA -> OK
Installation OS via task sequence without HPIA and run after OS installation -> NOK
Installation OS via task sequence and HPIA with online repository -> OK
Installing OS via task sequence and HPIA with offline repository -> NOK
Installation OS with different versions (20H2, 20H1, 1909 etc.)  and HPIA offline repository -> NOK

NOK means I have the same problem with slow download from offline repository

HP Recommended

Hello

I have an HP Image Assistant offline repository created using HP CMSL but I don't have any server.

A test environment I could try to create is to use a computer witn Windows 10 Pro where to copy the offline repository and share in on the network , connecting it with a 1000 Gbit LAN cable.

Then use an 840 G5, connect it to 1000 gbit switch via a LAN cable.

manually install Windows 10 Pro without driver, then use HP Image Assistant 5.2.1 in the same way you do and see how long will it takes to download the drivers.

Last time I tried it was several months ago, and it took some minutes , for sure not hours.

I'll let you know what will happens in my lab environment.

Last test I could try to do is to try to use a Domain Controller in a VMWare virtual machine as softpaq repository instead of the PC.

bye

HP Recommended

Hello

I did a test using as client a 640 G8, with Windows 10 1909 without added driver aparte Intel NIC.

Driver repository was another PC. conencted via a gigabit lan switch. in 5 minutes drivers were downloaded and installed.

a have a question for you, how did you created the OFFLINE folder ? it's not just a folder including drivers, but there must be other data needed by HP IA.

I used HP Client Management Script Library to create the offline repository.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.