Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook Firefly 14 G10

We've been using HP Manageability Integration Kit (MIK) to create driver packages for SCCM and it's worked great for us in the past. Unfortunately, I'm now getting an error when trying to import a driver pack. Specifically, the error says "An error occurred while processing. Error: Error while extracting driver from softpaq." It also provides the location of the log file, which gives a little more information.

That error says: [ERR] Archive failed for C:\Users\username\Downloads\sp147160.exe , target dir C:\Users\usern~e\AppData\Local\Temp\{2f04b304-8e47-4087-90b1-531b3a556b15}. Exception Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\{2f04b304-8e47-4087-90b1-531b3a556b15}\EBZB_G10_NBMWS\W11_22H2\Audio\REALTEK\P014HB-B2C\src\driver\CsAudioExt\Playback_6.68.0\default_tunings\CS35L53\Crossover_Protect_Lite_48000_29.70.0_left_delta_1kHz_Crossover_HPF.bin'.

I've tried importing a couple of different driver packs on different computers and all give the same results (though different files are listed in the error). I'm on the latest version of HP MIK (5.1.1.47) and SCCM (2303). I've also tried repairing the SCCM console application, rebooting and cleaning up my temp files.

Does anyone have other suggestions for things I can do to fix the issue? I'd like to continue using HP MIK for our driver packs, especially with our new laptops on order.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the exact same issue, I am thinking the path is too long for HP Mik to read it. 

It would be great to get a solution for that...

HP Recommended

Same error here, on any driver I tried to import.

Adjusting the long path names settings in the registry and then restarting SCCM/MCM did the trick for me,

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\LongPathsEnabled 

Value = 1

HP Recommended

Unfortunatley, that didn´t help for me, I even checked the GPEDIT.msc settings to see if the Win32 LongPaths are enabled. 

What Version of Windows Server, MECM and HP Mik are you running?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.