TonyStihl
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Probook 430 G1

HP Recommended
HP Probook 430 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi, does anyoneknoow if Windows 7 32-bit will run on HP Probook 430 G1?

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,814 32,714 2,976 7,308
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TonyStihl 

First an answer -- most likely yes -- as HP does provide Win7 drivers for it -- see this link:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-430-g1-notebook-pc/5379211

Second, Forcing Win7 onto any PC these days is a really BAD idea -- for the following reasons.

1) Vulnerability -- MS has terminated support for Win7, meaning that they are not going to be issuing any more security updates. Thus, when new malware comes out (and it will), MS is not going to update Win7 to protect it. You must be running third-party Antivirus products or, if you PC is connect to the Internet, is IS going to get infected!

2) Applications -- with the demise of Win7 support, application providers are going to stop providing updates for their applications for Win7. They will be focusing their new efforts on Win10. If you continue to run the Win7 versions of apps, you will be missing out on new features provided in the Win10 versions.

---------------------------

Your PC -- your choice

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation