Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp probook 450 G3 has an issue where some keys on the internal keyboard don't work. The laptop always boots in airplane mode where even when the mouse is used, clicking on an item for example on the desktop selects the object and all other items (icons) before the clicked one. The airplane might also be triggered when some of the non functioning keys are pressed in fast succession. When using an external keyboard, it functions normally until when the airplane mode is triggered (eg when booting) where the non functioning keys are transferred to the external keyboard as well. I have done a windows reinstall, Bios upgrade, Os change to Linux Mint but the issue has not still been resolved. Also, if i am using my Laptop normally or it develops the airplane mode issue, when i restart it starts normally with only some of the internal laptop keyboard keys not working. However if i shutdown or sleep, my laptop always boots into airplane mode with the internal keyboard and external keyboard with the same issue, hence has to restart each time i turn my Laptop from sleep or  shutdown mode.

Another note is if the laptop is in the triggered airplane mode, if i click on an open window on the taskbar to switch to its view, it doesn't switch to its view but rather open another window of the same app.

The laptop internal keyboard keys with issues always don't work, the external keyboard keys work until triggered.

If i put my laptop to airplane mode while i am using it normally, the issue doesn't come up unless when it triggers itself. 

Could someone help me understand the issue please and if possible, the possible fixes to the issues, thanks in advance.

Non functional keys {q,w,e,r,u,i,o,p,7, right shift, delete}

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi @REO51ST 

I have downloaded and installed your program and rebooted my laptop too but it doesnt seem to  have fixed the issue as i still have the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.