Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

After 2 weeks notebook came from the servis. Webcam now working fine. Webcam has been replaced with a new one, I currently have this version of the bios: 01.02.01 Rev. A. I'll see if HP can fix it so that more similar errors don't happen when updating the BIOS. But now I will definitely not perform the update in the near future.

HP could pull out this flawed update from now on. So that unsuspecting people don't have to complain about new laptops.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your update and feedback , Tomas

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Did you find the file of Realtek Camera firmware for VID_0BDA&PID_5846?

HP Recommended

so is this a hardware failure?? my notebook is brand new! i can't believe it doesn't work out of the box. I bought this laptop for the smartworking to do videocalls and work can't stay 1 hour without the notebook i can't send it back for service!! there MUST be a solution please help

HP Recommended

I may have found a thread with the same issue and they have solved the problem using an update. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Camera-problem-on-Probook-450-...

Scroll down until you see a link with a Realtek file

I have also seen same issue with probook 430 and have solved it using that update, too. I hope that helps. 

HP Recommended

A new BIOS version has recently been released. I don't know if it corrects this bug, but I'm afraid to install it so that my camera doesn't stop working again.

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-455-g7-notebook-pc/32780046/model/327800... 

HP Recommended

It doesn't so dont waste your time.

This notebook is garbage, sold it for half of ita price and bought a Asus. Everything works as a charm, no efforts and saved 100bucks 

Shame on you hp, never ever will buy your products.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.