Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 455 G8 Notebook PC (1Y9H2AV)

Hi, I've recently encountered a problem with the Probook 455 G8. First few days after OS and all user software installation everything worked just fine. But recently the notebook doesn't detect HDMI or Displayport connection to an external monitor through the USB-C Multiporthub (or other "docking stations"). 

Everthing else works - ethernet connection, usb A keyboard, wireless mouse, charging. Notebook does indeed detect the monitor instantly when direct HDMI connection is being used.

Attempted solutions:

- downloading firmwares, drivers 

- updating BIOS

- rolling back graphics drivers or updating them 

- different docking stations, monitors, cabels ...

- unplugging everything 

- even a complete OS reinstall 

Nothing worked. Well sometimes it did recognize the 2nd screen being connected...

- after BIOS update

- after restart with everything else unplugged 

... but it was only temporary until the next multiport hub physical disconnection, after connecting it back monitor was not recognized by the Probook again

Wierdly enough there was another minor issues discovered - while running a wireless mouse with an usb reciever and connecting a flashdisk to 2nd usb A port, the mouse stopped working. 

In conclusion, I'm inclined to the thought it's being a hardware issue with the ports... But of course I'm here to see if someone can provide other solution than buying new notebook or sticking to the direct HDMI connection. 

Thanks in advance for any submitted responses.

háu

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@KomahaTomahawk 

What is your multiport hub ? Is it COMPATIBLE with your HP Probook 455 G8 machine ? Please read the last few pages of the following document to find which docks are compatible

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Ahoj @KomahaTomahawk 

1. Please, make sure your computer uses the latest BIOS 01.11.00 (T78/T96) -> https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp143001-143500/sp143359.exe
  2. Install this Realtek driver 10.55.x for Windows 10 -> https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit...
    Visit the website and download/run the "Win10 Auto Installation Program "
  3. Reboot your computer

I hope this solves your problem. Let me know how it goes.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem on the G9 455 - others do too, there are a few users reporting it.  It isn't OS related - a user was reporting it in Linux, I did the same as you too in terms of everything I could think of.

As a work around (albeit a terrible one) is to do a power reset (without any devices or power connected) before every boot. (Sorry HP help centre is down I can't link the guide to do this) but once done, wait until the unit has stopped blinking lights, boot (without power) to the OS and it'll work again - until you shut down and have to go through it all again.

I was hoping the bios last month would fix the G9 but it didn't.

HP Recommended

Hi @MKMP 

Have you tried updating to the latest BIOS version for your G9 model and also with the latest Realtek driver ?

What is your dock model ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I have same problem.

HP ProBook 455 G8 Notebook PC (46W63AV), Windows 11 22H2
HP Universal USB-C Multiport Hub (50H55AA)

No HDMI and DP video output through this dock (hub).

All updated to the latest version (BIOS, firmware, OS).

Other ports in the hub work without a problem, mouse, keyboard, LAN, power.

The HDMI output directly from the laptop works fine.

The problem is with all three 455 G8 laptops I have here.

HP Recommended

This is now fixed in the latest bios (01.09.01 Rev A - release 21/12) for my machine (manual check via the support pages), so would suggest checking if yours also has an update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.