Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-05-2020 12:48 AM
since 3 weeks I have a strange issue with my HP Thunderbolt Dock (P/N 841830-002) and my Notebook (P/N Z2W63EA#ABD).
The Thunderbolt dock don't get recognised at all (not shown in the device manager). At first I simply had to unplug and replug the dockingstation a few times before the connection works. Now it will only get recognised if I open the BIOS menu before booting (I know it sounds strange...)
Things I have already tried:
- Updating everything in the HP Support assistant
- Reinstall Thunderbolt driver
- Install DCH-Driver from intel
- Disable every energy saving option in BIOS and Windows (also USB-devices in the device manager)
- Using an Other Docking-Station (HP USB-C Dock G5 - P/N 5TW10AA - same error as with the Thunderbolt dock)
Does anybody have any clue what else I can try or how I can fix the problem?
05-12-2020 03:13 PM
@Christian_M Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the HP Spectre x360 Thunderbolt Dock not recognized without open BIOS while booting.
In that case, I would suggest you perform the Thunderbolt test and let us know.
1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.
2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.
3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Thunderbolt and initiate the quick test.
Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
05-13-2020 06:32 AM - edited 05-13-2020 06:36 AM
Thank you very much for your help @Praveen196.
At first there were only RAM and Harddrive test available so I've downloaded and installed the UEFI-Version of hardware diagnostics from https://www8.hp.com/de/de/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html
Unfortunately the Thunderbolt option is missing for me (see photo below)
05-15-2020 08:01 AM
Thank you for the failure code.
According to the failure code, the issue with Thunderbolt port.
In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option, They will help you.
Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.
1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2)Select the product type.
3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
4)Select the country from the drop-down.
5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.
We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue.
Have a nice day!!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community