Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
650 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP Support Assistant has not been finding any updates for about 2 weeks now. I image and have to run driver updates on about 100 different HP workstations a week. The HPSA is not finding driver updates for any of them. This includes Z440 and PD 800 MT, 650 and 640 G3 laptops. I download the HPSA fresh each time from HP. The OS is Win 10 1709. I've had to switch to the HP Softpaq download manager to get my driver updates. It is not as fast or as user friendly as the HPSA.

I heavily rely on the HPSA to check and update my drivers and BIOS. Is this going to be resolved any time soon. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As of lst week, the current HPSA was working for us also.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I was able to find a work around for this issue. I used an older version of the HPSA version 8.3.34.7 and it worked correctly and was able to download the driver updates from HP>

HP Recommended

Mine also quit working two weeks a go.  I opened a support case and the engineer said HPSA is upsupported on custom Windows OS installations.  Are you using the pre-installed OEM Windows 10 OS or the Microsoft Install media.  We use the ISOs created by the Microsoft Media Creation Tool.  This worked fine up until two weeks a go.

Please let me know if you use the OEM OS or the Microsoft media to reload/reimage your computers. 

HP Recommended

We use our own image. I'll put one on the bench that still has the factory image on it and install the HPSA and see if it works and let you know.

HP Recommended

That would be great if you could confirm that.  It worked fine on Friday 3/23/18.  I just happened to be reloading the operating systems that week.  On Monday 3/26 HPSA failed to find any drivers on a new OS reload. 

I'm thinking there are lots and lots of support engineers that don't know this yet until the check the HP Support website/SoftPAQ download for BIOS updates.  I Googled all over the place last week and found nothing which is bizarre to me.  There has to be a huge installed user base.

Thanks

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

The current HPSA works for me now.

HP Recommended

As of lst week, the current HPSA was working for us also.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.