Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 830 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All

I work in the IT department for a higher education establishment in the UK.  One of our members of staff has a HP Elitebook 830 G6 laptop which has issues booting up as it's not detecting the SSD.  

The message she gets is HP Sure Recover "Recover after Boot Failure is enabled but no hard drive boot option is enabled in the UEFI boot order.  Be sure that a UEFI boot drive is properly installed and enabled in the UEFI boot order.

She contacted HP Technical Support about this and they're stumped, they've tried a number of things but nothing has resolved the issue. 

I think she switched off the laptop for a few hours and when she powers it back on, it booted up fine so she was able to back up all her data.  I asked her to have the laptop couriered to me so i could take a look at it.

I was able to power it on and it booted up to the log in screen.  I then rebooted the laptop, went into bios and ran the extensive diagnostics test.  It took a while to run but everything passed.

When i then rebooted the laptop, it's now giving me the above error message.  I went back into the diagnostics in Bios and selected  the hard drive check test but it says No hard drive installed. 

I spoke to the laptop owner, she said the last thing HP suggested was restoring the laptop back to factory settings.  I'm not sure this will resolve the issue though, i just wondered if anyone else has come across this issue before?

Thanks

Dave

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have come across the same issue this morning and was hoping to find an answer here. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.