Level 2
7 5 1 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP USB-C-Dockingstation G5 with MacBook

HP Recommended

Hello Guys

I tried to use the USB-C G5 Docking with my MacBook Pro 13 2020. Everything works fine, except the MacBook doesn't charge. Does anyone know if this is a problem on the HP or Apple side? The docking delivers up to 100W, that's more than enough to charge a MacBook.

Thanks & Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
7Horizon
Author
Level 2
7 5 1 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Newest Firmware Update for the docking fixed the problem, the MacBook charges now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 1,195 74 154
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the usb-c g5 dock PD supports the following voltages: 5V , 9V, 10V, 12V, 15V, 20V all at 5A MAX

check with the macbook manual/specs and see if it uses a different voltage 

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
7Horizon
Author
Level 2
7 5 1 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spects are compatible and I have no issues charging the MacBook with other power adapters with the same spects...

0 Kudos
7Horizon
Author
Level 2
7 5 1 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Newest Firmware Update for the docking fixed the problem, the MacBook charges now.

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation