Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebookon 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need your help to clarify HP UltraSlim Docking Station (D9Y32UT#ABA) can use on HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook PC HP?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rahmanzaind 

Machine is new, probably HP has not updated the document. From the following information

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-2013-ultraslim-docking-station

I believe it is compatible with Elitebook 840 G7 because it is compatible with  HP EliteBook 840 & 850 G1, G2, G3, G4, G5, G6;

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your explainantion

HP Recommended

to clarify... in 2020, the new generation of laptops (G7) no longer support the Ultraslim dock, which was supported for about 8 generations of laptops... this was due to the redesign to make the product thinner and lighter... The industry has moved to cable docking and that is where we are today... these are the supported docks for the G7 laptops

- usb-c g5

- usb-c universal g2

- thunderbolt g2

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.