Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite X2 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have updated Windows 0 on my system with the latest KB5000842. After updated, HP Sure Sense Services in on on Taskbar show that action required. When I open the app, HP Wolf Security window started properly. Everything work fine except Threat Containment, it stated that inilization required. So I open the Tools, and click to start initialize process. The process run for a very long time, then end up with error stated that HP Sure Click needed to ben8nitialize.

I have test 7n8nstall HP Sure Sense, then reinstall it, reboot, and start the initilalizationmprocess again many time. It still ends up with error stated that Sure Click need to be initialized.

I have tested open HP Sure Click Browser, it open and run.

How do I fix this annoying problem? Wolf Security start having problem since about a month ago when it block update of Microsoft Edge. Seems to me that HP has not update these apps for many months now. The last update is in November 2020, it’s 4 months ago. Windows have updated many many t8me. And this cause the problem reported.

Hp support cannot solve this problem. Can any expert here help me to get this problem fixed? 

or how can I get rid of Sure a sense and Sure Click altogether, they are more annoying more than useful. I have Malwarebytes and Kaspersky on my system, 

how do I completely uninstall HP Sure sense and Sure Click without causing further problem on my system. There bloatwares are very poorly documented and so difficult to understand

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I try to 7n8nstall HP Sure Click, reboot, and reinstall Sure Click downloaded from HP support site. Again initialization offThreat Containment of HP Sure Click take long time and stuck at Preparing for use

HP Recommended

It ending up as error again may be it is not compatible with new version of Windows 10 patch anymore. Help please how can I get Sure Click to work or I should uninstall this useless app

HP Recommended

HP may not be interested in fixing and updating these apps anymore. Nobody from Hp show up here. I think HP is abandoning these apps

Please note that uninstall HP Sure Click do not create any negative impact to my system. HP Sure Sense still work properly

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.