Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 15v G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i just updated the BIOS on my ZBook 15v G5 today. After updating my notebook is now extremely slow and not really usable anymore. I tried multiple reboots but that didnt seem to fix the problem.

Reseting the BIOS to default settings unfortunately didnt help either. 

Now I am asking myself if a backflash could fix the problem, and if so where i could get the older version.

The old Version was F.30 and the current version is F.30 Rev.A.

Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Personally I don't dare to update BIOS beyond version F.23 since I am afraid undervolting may have been disabled which really would make Zbook 15v unusable.
It's a pity that the release notes never say what security patches it contain.

HP Recommended

Yeah it got worse with every update.. I even have this bug where my core frequency got stuck at 0.79GhZ really annoying..

i tried finding old bios versions but haven’t had success with that yet

HP Recommended

Well, all the old BIOS revisions are available for download at https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-15v-g5-mobile-workstation/20269991 but I have no idea whether it's possible to downgrade or not.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.