Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook Firefly 15.6 inch G8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, few days ago i unpacked my new HP ZBook Firefly 15.6 inch G8, Product number: 2C9R8EA#BED

I connected it with new Dell monitor P2721Q with USB Type-C, (DP 1.2, upstream port 65W

After unpacking and connecting all was ok, with USB-C cable i could provide video to extended monitor 1/2, but then laptop informed me about windows update and bios update available. After update i have Win10 pro , 64bit, 20H2 version, and bios T76 Ver. 01.01.32

But.. USB-C  is not sending video anymore to Dell monitor, i have tryed hours and hours to solve that, installed all drivers from HP support page, read posts here on HP forum, HP support assistans says all is ok, but USB-C is still not working. Also none of USB ports on dell monitor is not working with laptop.

After installing all docks driver - HP support assistant offered it, even my network USB card that provided me cable connection to my internet stopped working, now i can use only wifi

and also, my laptop is always with strong fan, hot, CPU is on 60-80% with only 5 google chrome windows open....

i am realy dissapointed with situation, this is high level and expensive laptopb, but for now it performes very bad.

I will be happy to listen to any advice that could solve my peroblems. 

Thank you, kind regards.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

For HP commercial products, i recommend the use of HP Image Assistant which uses tested factory reference files to find what needs to be updated, so give it a try... a new version, 5.1, was just posted today

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi folks !

I solved the same usb-c dockin issue on my Firefly G8 15" by manual download of "sp113061" pack from HP ftp and proceed to install. After reboot all issue was solved.

Bye.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.