Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

The bios update rev 1.15 for the Probook 450 G3 has identical fix notes to your ZBooks, and was told by iMaxx that this laptop would get the fix as well but the fluctuating fan remains...

HP Recommended

In My oppinnion, this "HighEnd" Machine is just one of the biggest and most expensive piece of crap i´ve ever seen from HP!

Ist not to get the Fans silent, because they are just about 4-5mm high, so they have to blow out the Heat by higher RPM, the Result ist higher Noise. The Cooling it selve is quite good, the CPU Temperature is max 76°C @ continous 100% Load on CPU and GPU. The Fansink is one piece for CPU and GPU with 2 Fans.

Unfortunately there will be no Solution to get this Machine silent unless you shut it down.

The biggest Mistake is to order this Crap

HP Recommended

Hi

I have a Zbook 17 with the same problem.

The machine runs extremely hot to the touch and the fan constantly makes the very annoying noise whirring at different pitchs like it is labouring.

It is actually driving me crazy and anyone else who comes anywehere near it.

ive reverted to wearing ear plugs which in itself is extremely annoying but at least I dont gat a headache from this constant whirring.

I have read the first three or four pages of this extremely long thread and HP seem no closer to solving it. 

Admitedly I havent read to page eleven and I think I will hav to just to see if someone found a fix.

I am about to log a fault but frankly I can;t do without my machine for even a short period of time and I am extremely busy.

Please, can someone from HP help me with the problem?

Cheers

HP Recommended

This machine cost me over 7000 aussie dollars. It should have come with a lifetime supply of headache medicine for that price.

Surely HP can find a fix for this fan noise.

please HP?!!

HP Recommended

HP is not interessted to solve this problem. They only interessted to sell more new Laptop instead of solving problems on sold Laptops like this. We have enterprise contract with HP for servers, storage system and endpoint devices but the service will worse and worse...but this machine type is nightmare. Looking good (dessign bang & olufsen)  but the view to technical is realy realy bad. I have a docking station with two external monitor and it is not possible to power on the laptop with a closed screen :HalfEyes: First open the screen from the Laptop than switch on and wait for logon, after successfull logon close the laptopscreen....and what did HP saying...nothing.

Thank you HP

hands off to by this machine !

HP Recommended

Yes, you should be able to start the ZBook Studio when plugged in to the TB3 dock with the screen closed. Can you confirm what version of the Studio do you have and which Operating System?

Also, have you tried running HP's Softpaq Download manager and/or HP Image Assistant to confirm your BIOS and system drivers are up to date? especially the Intel Thunderbolt Connect s/w and all TB f/w?

Thunderbolt firmware updater is now version 1.13 and contains all the f/w components for the dock. Please, make sure you update it

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.