Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Studio x360 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I have been experiencing *continuous* bluescreening with my Studio x360 G5 after I cloned the original HP NVMe drive (An Intel660 360GB) to a Samsung 970 Pro 1TB.

Even after using HPIA and updating BIOS (this unit's fans are *so loud*) to the latest version (which now doesn't let me undervolt - not that I was trying to until now...), speaking to Zbook support - I still experience all kinds of errors which cause the laptop to bluescreen...

It's almost always docked to a G2 230v dock and I cannot get the Opera browser to display properly without manually selecting the Nvidia GPU - otherwise it's just a black screen... (Using a Dell 3417w) as primary, and the screen lid down.

As another thread was requesting, I was wondering if an original HP ISO was available to install so I didn't have to go through all the steps to get this up to par...

Like the desktop graphic - and other stuff one would have to manually figure out...

Any hints?

I'm ready to check out a newer unit - is there a HP Zbook Studio G6 coming?, switch to my Dell 5530 - or buy the newest one, a Dell 5550...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello

did you try to put back to Intel 360GB SSD and see if zbook crashes ?

I could be wrong , but you have the SSD , so you can check, which is the exact Intel model ?

I don't see it here: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/it/it/ark/products/series/83424/client-ssds.html

If you cloned the disk , it could be that the SSD NVMe driver must be checked .

bye

HP Recommended

SSDPEKKF360G7H

Which driver in particular do you mean should be checked?

I have installed the Samsung NVMe drivers on the new drive which I am using and which is bluescreening.

HP Recommended

Hello

Intel is a standard NMVe (I was checkinf if it were an Optane disk)

For Samsung you can try if with Samsung driver you get better result: https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_IT&CttFileID=703630...

about HP ISO , you can create a bootable USB KEy with binaries to install Windows 10, using HP Cloud Recovery Client.

bye

HP Recommended

Assuming the new SSD is not the problem, i would do a Windows reset, to get thing back to a clean state, then run HPIA to update as needed... save all your data and do a full reset

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.