Did you mean: 
cad3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP envy 17" laptop coming apart in right rear when opening

HP Recommended
HP envy

My 17" HP ENVY comes apart at the rear right hinge when opening. The same exact thing to last HP laptop. This seem to be a problem with unit. I'm 74 years old and I take good care of equipment.

What can I do to fix my problem without buy a new unit?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,454 1,434 1,724
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @cad3

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
beetlebailey9
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my hp envy is doing the same thing and now the back has flexed so much the touch screen is cracked and its only 2 yrs old a expensive machine like this should not do this 

0 Kudos
JeffHelp
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,648 9,640 7 162
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again, 

We never heard back from you! 
Were you able to find the support you were looking for? This is my third attempt to reach out and assist. If I do not hear back from you in the next day the case will be systematically archived. 

Best regards,
Jeff Christopher 
Executive Escalations
I am an HP Employee

I work for HP
0 Kudos
beetlebailey9
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes my back came loose from the hinge and the hinge pivoted and the touch screen got cracked the coump was not usable because the back was getting worse i took the back part way apart and screwed it back in place but the glass needs changed the lcd still works but glass is shattered 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation