Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop was working fine.....tried to boot up and completely dead no charge led present, No response from holding down power button for 15, 45,60 seconds as I have read on here.

Laptop is only 2 months old, transferred all my data really do not want to send it back. 

My suspicions are battery was low now it has gone critical so completely locked out.

The unit is completely non responsive.

Hope someone can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is an update for anyone in the same position.

I managed to get the cover off by using a suction  pad at the hinge side, this lifts the cover slightly, I then run a credit card around the perimeter to release the clips which hold the rear panel on in addition to the screws.

I then removed the battery, plugged the mains in and the charging light was back. I have reinserted the battery and now we are charging again.

I'm glad I have resloved this. But very disappointed how this type of crap can happe  with such a high spec machine, really isn't acceptable that you can dump the battery to this level to have to resort to all these shenanigans to remove the rear cover.

I hope this helps other in the same situation.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I'm no expert, but have you tried to open the laptop up and replace or disconnect the CMOS battery that power's the motherboard from the inside?

If the battery is internal, open up the laptop, disconnect the internal battery, replace or disconnect the CMOS battery, then  wait 3 minutes, reconnect the CMOS battery, reconnect the internal battery, and then try to charge your laptop for a bit and then boot it up.

If this worked, please leave this comment a like 'Kudos' so that other's can follow and use this answer for your or their question.

HP Recommended

Well at this stage I cannot seem to remove the rear cover. It has 7 screws but when removed the cover doesn't come off, I don't want to break anything. If I didn't have my data on here it would go straight back.

HP Recommended

Here is an update for anyone in the same position.

I managed to get the cover off by using a suction  pad at the hinge side, this lifts the cover slightly, I then run a credit card around the perimeter to release the clips which hold the rear panel on in addition to the screws.

I then removed the battery, plugged the mains in and the charging light was back. I have reinserted the battery and now we are charging again.

I'm glad I have resloved this. But very disappointed how this type of crap can happe  with such a high spec machine, really isn't acceptable that you can dump the battery to this level to have to resort to all these shenanigans to remove the rear cover.

I hope this helps other in the same situation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.