Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to all, 

i have a really annoying issue with my HP Elitebook 840 G5. Everytime i try to connect my Laptop with my HP Universal USB-C Dock the CPU utilisation rises about 50% and I have the flickering blue circle, which is absolutely annoying and distracting. In the Task Manager i can see that the Windows Driver Foundation (WUDFHost) is using a lot of ressources when connected. If i disconnect the Dock everything goes back to normal an the Windows Driver Foundation is gone. 
The Dock worked just fine until autumn - it might be connected to the Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade, which i cannot revert now. Sadly the Business Support is not really helpful and it just takes a lot of time. 

I did try many versions of the Display Link Driver. 8.3 (which came with the dock and is on the flash memory of the dock), 9.3 and currently 10.1. 

My googeling also does not help me further anymore. As it is really annoying i did go back to my old HP SlimDock, but know i want to use the USB-C Dock again and was hoping that there might be solutions. 

The strange thing is: The Dock works perfectly fine with another HP Laptop ProBook 440 G6 (Display Link Vers 9.3)

I do hope someone has a solution that i can use the (not so cheap) dock in the universal function it offers. 

Thank you very much, feel free to ask additional questions if information is missing. 

Greetings JPS

Specs:

HP EliteBook 840 G5 - WUDFHost process troubles and CPU Utilisation - Problem computer: 

Windows 10 Pro - 20H2 (19042.867)

DisplayLink Version: 10.1.2665

Everything works fine on the HP ProBook 440 G6 

Windows 10 Home 2004 (19041.867)

DisplayLink Version: 9.3.3324.0

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue with HP830 G6 and USB Dock G5

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.