ilidan85
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

High pitch noise when keyboard light is off

HP Recommended
ZBook 17 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having issue with my new Zbook. First one I've returned through DOA policy then supplier sent me wrong machine and today I've got correct one. All of them had same problem. Quiet (not quiet enough to ignore) high pitch noise coming out from the back of the keyboard. The only thing that removes it is to switch keyboard back light on. I also had to disable automatic switching off in BIOS because it was even more annoying.

I've updated bios and firmware, all updates and drivers. Tested with different hard drives to eliminate anything from other components...

I need this laptop for my projects and I can't test another 3 laptops wishing magically getting one without that noise..

Anybody?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation