Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-15-2020 10:05 AM
I like to re-image my PC. Therefore I prepared a USB stick. When I try to start the Zbook I type in ESC until I get the into the Starup Menu. There I see 3 optenins
a) UEFI Windows Boot Manager
b) UEFI - SANandisk Ultra ....
c) Boot from file
I tried them all but I was always rebooted by the hard disk but not what I needed on the USB stick.
What did I wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help
04-15-2020 03:21 PM
- which Zbook model do you have exactly ?
- which is the BIOS version ?
- which OS are you trying to install
- is Boot from USB enable in BIOS
- how do you formatted the USB stick ? FAT32 or NTFS
with more information someone could try to help you.
04-16-2020 06:35 AM
Thanks for your response. Here the answers to your questions:
- which Zbook model do you have exactly ? Zbook 15 G4
- which is the BIOS version ? P70 Vers. 01.29
- which OS are you trying to install? I want to install W10 64 bit
- is Boot from USB enable in BIOS? I'm not sure, since I did not find any reliable instructions
- how do you formatted the USB stick ? FAT32 or NTFS - It is FAT32 formatted
04-16-2020 03:05 PM
BIOS setting manual is this : http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06399361
in case you want to learn more about it.
Press F10 during PC boot , several time , until you enter in BIOS Setting interface
Then select Advanced Menu
Then Boot Options Menu
you find USB Storage boot. it MUST be checked
In Secure Boot Configuration Menu
you MUST have: Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Enable
Zbook 15 G4 should boot if the USB Key contains valid Windows 10 installation files, either FAT32 or NTFS in EUFI mode.
How did you created the Windows 10 installation USB Key ?
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community