Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook 8560W
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an EliteBook 8560W that I would like to install Windows 10.  I have a bootable USB Flash which works on other laptops I have here but not on the 8560W.  I can go into the F9 BootOptions and select the USB key as it is recognized and select it, but it ends up booting off the HDD.

I've been reading around the net about disabling the SecureBoot option in the BIOS but there is no option for secure boot at all, unless it's disguised as something else, but all the images posted show SecureBoot.

Can anyone assist please?

BIOS version is 68SVD Ver. F.63 which is the latest version for this laptop.

Thanks.

Z.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have confirmed that I am able to boot to a USB Flash with Windows 7 so I assume it has to do with the UEFI.

There is an UEFI option in the BIOS but when enabled, I get the following message:

"The UEFI Boot option on this system is provided for development purposes only and is currently NOT fully supported or warranted by HP.  Preboot Authentication and Drive Lock are curently NOT supported under the UEFI Boot mode.  HP strongly recommends disabling Preboot Authentication and Drive Lock before enabling UEFI Boot on this system."

There are no options for Preboot Authentication and Drive Lock listed in the BIOS as well.

So does this mean that I am SOOL?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

when you create your bootable usb media, make sure you format it as fat32... use the diskpart instructions from the web, for example, from 

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/04/22/step-by-step-prepare-usb-media-to-install-wi...

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.