Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi

Is there a way to clear/reset bios admin password in HP Elite 2530p?

I tried to remove cmos battery, and then unplug the laptop battery, but the admin password is still there

Thanks

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

short the two metal that is holding the cmos battery for 20 seconds

say thanks by clicking the star

click accept as solution if my reply solved your problem.

HP Recommended

ok i'll try it

i hope it's not just a theory :generic:

HP Recommended

I have a probook 4520 with the same issue....removed the batt for 1/2 hour, but power on password remains. I have the password and I can use the machine, I just want to get rid of it!

HP Recommended

@retep

go to the bios and disable the bios password if it is enabled

say thanks by clicking the star

HP Recommended

@ed

HP Recommended

Actually.....I found another workaround! The admin BIOS password was not set, so when I went into setup as a guest, it prompted me for an admin password. Once I set it [and wrote it down!], I could go in and delete the accounts......boots as normal now!

:OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

HI, josher711

I know some solutions to clear bios admin password.

1. http://www.biospasswordrecovery.com

2. Guide:  Bypass BIOS Password

3. Guide:  How to Recover BIOS Password or Crack CMOS Password

By the way, if you are familiar with computer hardware, you can try to open the pc box, and take off the cmos battery on the mainboard. Then the bios will be reset to the default status and the password will be clear.

Hope to help you.

HP Recommended

I was told from support:

1. Prepare the computer for disassembly
2. Remove the RTC battery and restart the Notebook

(I 've tried to restart with battery, and AC... On start it says Enter to continue, F1 to startup, I 've tried both - to wait in bios, or start booting to OS)
3. Wait approximately five minutes, shut down the Notebook.
4. Replace the RTC battery and reassemble the computer.
5. Connect AC power to the computer. Do not reinsert any battery packs at this time.

(Again On start it says Enter to continue, F1 to startup, I 've tried both - and after that tried to wait in bios, or start booting to OS)
6. Turn on the computer.

(actually it turns on automatically after plugging AC in, and turns on "twice")

- but did not work for me.

M.

HP Recommended

i've tried everything.. and it's still not worked >_<

too bad :Crying:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.