07-04-2010 03:46 AM
Is there a way to clear/reset bios admin password in HP Elite 2530p?
I tried to remove cmos battery, and then unplug the laptop battery, but the admin password is still there
07-04-2010 05:10 AM
short the two metal that is holding the cmos battery for 20 seconds
say thanks by clicking the star
click accept as solution if my reply solved your problem.
07-05-2010 09:25 AM
I have a probook 4520 with the same issue....removed the batt for 1/2 hour, but power on password remains. I have the password and I can use the machine, I just want to get rid of it!
07-06-2010 09:16 AM
Actually.....I found another workaround! The admin BIOS password was not set, so when I went into setup as a guest, it prompted me for an admin password. Once I set it [and wrote it down!], I could go in and delete the accounts......boots as normal now!
07-07-2010 03:45 AM
I know some solutions to clear bios admin password.
2. Guide: Bypass BIOS Password
By the way, if you are familiar with computer hardware, you can try to open the pc box, and take off the cmos battery on the mainboard. Then the bios will be reset to the default status and the password will be clear.
Hope to help you.
07-07-2010 09:12 AM
I was told from support:
1. Prepare the computer for disassembly
2. Remove the RTC battery and restart the Notebook
(I 've tried to restart with battery, and AC... On start it says Enter to continue, F1 to startup, I 've tried both - to wait in bios, or start booting to OS)
3. Wait approximately five minutes, shut down the Notebook.
4. Replace the RTC battery and reassemble the computer.
5. Connect AC power to the computer. Do not reinsert any battery packs at this time.
(Again On start it says Enter to continue, F1 to startup, I 've tried both - and after that tried to wait in bios, or start booting to OS)
6. Turn on the computer.
(actually it turns on automatically after plugging AC in, and turns on "twice")
- but did not work for me.
- HP PCs - Changing the Default Apps (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- HP Business PCs and Tablets - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data