Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-06-2010 09:16 AM
Actually.....I found another workaround! The admin BIOS password was not set, so when I went into setup as a guest, it prompted me for an admin password. Once I set it [and wrote it down!], I could go in and delete the accounts......boots as normal now!
07-07-2010 03:45 AM
I know some solutions to clear bios admin password.
2. Guide: Bypass BIOS Password
By the way, if you are familiar with computer hardware, you can try to open the pc box, and take off the cmos battery on the mainboard. Then the bios will be reset to the default status and the password will be clear.
Hope to help you.
07-07-2010 09:12 AM
I was told from support:
1. Prepare the computer for disassembly
2. Remove the RTC battery and restart the Notebook
(I 've tried to restart with battery, and AC... On start it says Enter to continue, F1 to startup, I 've tried both - to wait in bios, or start booting to OS)
3. Wait approximately five minutes, shut down the Notebook.
4. Replace the RTC battery and reassemble the computer.
5. Connect AC power to the computer. Do not reinsert any battery packs at this time.
(Again On start it says Enter to continue, F1 to startup, I 've tried both - and after that tried to wait in bios, or start booting to OS)
6. Turn on the computer.
(actually it turns on automatically after plugging AC in, and turns on "twice")
- but did not work for me.