Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@hp-moderator wrote:

I have found the way to clear out my bios administator password on this HP Elitebook 2530p notebook.

Confirm tested 100% works!

1.) Download & Install - HP System Software Manager VERSION: 2.10 Rev. A

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp42501-43000/sp42536.exe

2.) Windows 7 > Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt (Right click & Run as administrator)

a. Type cd\

b. Type cd\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\SSM 
c. Type biosconfigutility.exe to start the utility. A list of commands displays
d. Type biosconfigutility.exe /newsetuppassword:"" to remove BIOS administrator password

e. Type biosconfigutility.exe /newsetuppassword:"password" to create a new BIOS administrator password

3.) Restart the notebook & press F10 at startup

4.) Log in using the new BIOS administrator password (the password is password)

5.) Choose User Management and delete any previous ProtectTools users

6.) Choose Change Password under User Tools to remove/change BIOS administrator password

7.) Save the new settings & exit setup.

Done. Password gone! :OpenSmile: Please remember to click kudos! if this help you too.

*PS: (pigletbb) case.

Works perfectly on a new 17 zbook running win7 x64.  Password was changed.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would like to remove my BIOS password on HP Elitebook 2530p. Unfortunately I can't find the package sp42536.exe nowhere. Is there any option I could reset my password physically? Or even better if HP could put the sp42536.exe back to the online.

Kind regards,

J

HP Recommended

Please Note:

HP Has DISCONTINUED the sp42536 and seperated the BIOS password reset tools from the SSM tools!!

HP Recommended

Please, I need reset the admin passwd for my hp elitebook 2530p but I can't download the program sp42536.exe

Can someone tell me how to do it or send me the program??

HP Recommended

@nebro2002

Contact HP and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html

When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.

Or download these files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zu4kdgxm052l87d/AAAMi-kfX4AVH8oTCbsOM4X9a?dl=0

Insert clean USB flash drive.

Then run USB Image tool.

Choose the flash drive then click on RESTORE.

After restore remove flash drive.

Insert flash drive into locked laptop and boot. ”If an HDD is installed remove before booting.”

At C:\OUTPUT   type CD..   “Then hit enter”

Type HPBR   “Then hit enter”

First thing is to save your settings.

Select #3 re-program.

Press “S” to save system information.

Type HPBR and hit enter.

Select   “FIRST RUN”

Then select model.

After reboot repeat same as above but this time SELECT “SECOND RUN”

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. You have saved my life.

It`s fantastic.

HP Recommended

ich habe vergesen meine BIOS Paswort wie kan ich das machen zu wieder BIOS geoffnen.

LG.Rados Sturm

HP Recommended

Dear REO51ST!

Your Dropbox link has seen too many traffic, and is currently down. Can I politely ask you to reupload the file? I also have a password (and fingerprint) protected 2530p, and I would be really happy if the password could be removed.
So may I ask you to reupload the file? Thank you in advance!

Gabor27

HP Recommended

@Gabor27

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking  here To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.