2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

How to disable touchpad temporarily?

HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I temporarily disable the Touchpad on ZBook 15 G5 temporarily, e.g. when I have a BT mouse attached to the device. I need it only when no mouse is available. 

I do not find a specific driver on the HP web site and there are no settings available in the "Mouse" configuration.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ju1c3
Level 4
51 51 6 13
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In Windows 10 you open start menu and type in mouse. Open Mouse settings and then on the left select touchpad. There should be a box to check at the top that says "leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected". Uncheck that and it should disable the touchpad when the mouse is connected. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ju1c3
Level 4
51 51 6 13
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In Windows 10 you open start menu and type in mouse. Open Mouse settings and then on the left select touchpad. There should be a box to check at the top that says "leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected". Uncheck that and it should disable the touchpad when the mouse is connected. 

View solution in original post

JFisch
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much. Trivial but perfect solution.
Don't know how I could miss that. Likely because the previous laptop with Windows 10 had such special software for this.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation