Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-19-2020 03:38 AM
Product: EliteBook 755 G5
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
We have new laptops with installed Windows version 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 rolled out with MDT. When installing and running HP Image Assistent 5.0.3 it shows; HP Image Assistent does not support Windows 10 Version 1809 for this product. When we download the list of supported versions we see that it should be supported. Is there another way to update the laptops after default rollout so that all drivers and firmware are updated automatically?
2 REPLIES 2
10-19-2020 10:16 AM
I don't think there is anything you can do about versions / models that are not supported in HPIA.
That said, the Community does not have any way to influence the results be they good or bad.
HPIA supported platform list
|HP EliteBook 755 G5 Notebook PC||Configuration Not Supported||✓ v1607 (Updated: 2020-10-16) *|
✓ v1703 (Updated: 2020-10-16) *
✓ v1709 (Updated: 2020-10-16)
✓ v1803 (Updated: 2020-10-16) *
✓ v1809 (Updated: 2020-10-16)
✓ v1903 (Updated: 2020-10-16)
✓ v1909 (Updated: 2020-10-16)
✓ v2004 (Updated: 2020-10-16) *
✓ v2009 (Updated: 2020-10-16) *
What to do?
Contact HP Support directly.
Brand new business notebooks likely include a limited time "setup of coverage" in the basic Warranty.
Does this include questions about HP Image Assistant support list? Maybe.
Open a case on a single system, submit the details, ask for help.
HP Technical Support – Contact Information
Submit information / case online
Sign in or continue as a guest
HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked.
HP Support USA does not post public phone numbers.
Many roads lead to HP Support.
Settings > System > About > (Support) Online support > Contact an HP Agent
Open website HP World-Wide Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
>>> Option - HP Support is on Facebook <<<
Warranty Check / Product Registration
- Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards
- Check the Warranty on your product
NOTE: If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to
check single or multiple devices.
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.
Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.
- If necessary, select your Region / Country: Scroll to bottom of page and click the Flag
- HP Computers and Printers - How to Submit a Dispute to Validate Your Warranty
HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)
Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document. Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.
Business Class Software Update Managers
HP Client Management Solutions support most HP commercial desktops, notebooks, and workstations.
Available Tools and what they can do for you
Single System Management Software – HP Image Assistant
Many newer business (commercial) computers are supported in the HP Image Assistant management grade software.
At this writing: If your computer was manufactured before the EOL date for the Software Download Manager, you can choose to use (or continue using) SDM.
HPIA Information and Download
Scroll to the bottom of the Website for additional information and links.
HP Image Assistant is a free tool that aids IT Administrators improve the quality and security of their PC Windows image by diagnosing the image, identifying problems, recommending solutions, and analyzing their PC’s readiness for migration between Windows 7 and Windows 10.
HP Image Assistant can be downloaded at the HP Manageability website.
From the Image Assistant Web page:
HP Image Assistant Installation Path Notes
- The software installs into C:\SWSetup\<sp#> where “sp#” is the name of the installation package.
- Once installed, PIN the software executable to Windows Start and or Taskbar
- Optionally, the software executable can be “sent to Desktop” as a shortcut
- When changing versions of the software, all the links and PINNED shortcuts must be updated manually
Example Path HPIA executable - Version 188.8.131.52
Multi-System Deployment - HP System Software Manager (HP SSM)
“The HP System Software Manager (SSM) is a utility that automatically detects and updates BIOS, device drivers, and management agent versions on your networked PCs.”
Single System Management Software – Softpaq Download Manager
SDM (at this writing) still supports many business class systems manufactured prior to the software's EOL (End of Life) announcement.
The SDM software is no longer listed in Client Management Solutions.
NOTICE: The Download Library marks SDM as "EOL July 2019"
White Paper on the subject (document may or may not load - access appears to be temperamental). If the file does not open, try copy/paste of the address into your browser address bar (URL).
Partial Excerpt of the SDM "End of Life" PDF file content:
This document can be shared internally & externally.
HP is retiring HP SoftPaq Download Manager (HP SDM) on July 31st, 2019, it will be replaced by HP Image Assistant.
Will I be able to continue to use SDM?
Yes, SDM, will continue to work and have access to updates (SoftPaqs) for older
products launched before July 31st, 2019. SoftPaq Download Manager will not be tested
with new product launched after July 31st, 2019. HP recommends using HP Image
Assistant to access updates to new products.
SDM Download and Help
Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)
How-to and Instructions:
Once the SDM software is installed, the Help document can be accessed within the software or on disk:
- Open SDM software, Click the Blue Question mark “?”in the upper left of the main SDM window.
- Open File Explorer > Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP SoftPaq Download Manager > Select language appropriate .chm file
If you can do so, it is time to migrate to the HP Image Assistant
Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
Open Support Home
Enter the name of your HP device
11-02-2020 08:47 AM
Hi, still struggling with the issue. Even the version below supports Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC 64-bit. So strange. Created a ticket...
- Fixes an issue where HP Image Assistant stops functioning after the Create/Edit My Products List dialog windows are closed.
- Adds support for Windows 10 1809 64-bit.
- Adds support for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC 64-bit.
- Updates the message that is displayed when HPIA does not recognize the Windows version on the system.
- Adds a message to indicate that a new version of Windows 10 is expected to be released but is not available yet.
- Adds a method to confirm that a Windows 10 version required by a reference file is found, and displays a message when the correct Windows 10 version is not found.
Note: Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC (RS5) will first be shipped and supported in January Refresh for RPOS platforms.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community